simple happiness everyday.


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

teacher appreciation.

Today I have busily working on putting together a few small gifts for my girls to give their teachers tomorrow in honor of Teacher Appreciation Day. I am truly thankful for all of the Preschool teachers and my girls have quite an admiration for all of them.

Since the beginning of the school year, not only have I seen my children grow academically, but they have been taught about faith, friendship, compassion, serving our community and responsibility. When I first enrolled them in Preschool, I never imagined it would be become like a family. The girls love their teachers and I am truly content as I drop them off each day knowing their teachers will give them the love and guidance they need.

Because teachers help our children to grow, I created a card for Elle's entire class to give to their two teachers. The fingerprint tree represents the growth of our children
and I even added a butterfly (created from two fingerprints) to represent Butterfly class. After I gathered all of the children's' fingerprints, I thought that it was something that should be framed and so I did.
I also put together a small gardening gift for each teacher, which consists of a galvanized tin filled with gardening tools, pink garden gloves and Butterfly Garden seeds. I am hoping they will plant the seeds in memory of this year's Butterfly class.
And lastly, for the rest of the teachers, twelve in all, I wrapped up a container of Altoids Mints with printed paper, waxed twine and a small note of thanks. Simple and inexpensive, but effectively says "thank you" for being a wonderful teacher. (UPDATE:  printable of tag is here.)
How about you? Are you celebrating Teacher Appreciation Day too? What gifts will you give?





32 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that tree and those mints! What a GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantab ideas!! I am SO going to do that TREE! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sooooo much!! I'm always looking for some fun ways to say Thanks! So thanks you so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a printable for the "mint" to teach label. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a printable for the "mint" to teach label? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is no help i want something handmade that is easy and make it seem that it come from the heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have a printable for the Mint to teach labels, I would love to have it sent to me. They are so adorable but I am not one to be able to print something that cute. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, do you have a printable for the Mint to teach labels? That would be great and thank you so much for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mints are super cute! Thanks for the idea. May I have a copy of the printable? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here is the link for the tags...

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      hope your teachers love it too!!

      Delete
  10. The mints are super cute and also perfect for my son's preschool teachers. Is there a printable available? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here is the link for the printable... hope it's not too late for your son's teacher appreciation gifts...

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      Delete
  11. I would also be VERY interested in getting the printable for the mints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here it is... sorry for the delay-

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      thank you!

      Delete
  12. Any way to get the printable for the mints?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute ideas. I'm in charge of doing gifts for 12 teachers at my sons preschool for one day. I love the mint ideas and would very much appreciate the printable if possible. I'm not nearly that creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here is the link for the printable ... it was perfect for preschool teachers because we had so many too! Very inexpensive too!

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      thank you!!

      Delete
  14. Is there a printable for the mint can? This is a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine...

      here is the link for the printable...

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      thank you so much!!!!!

      Delete
  15. Is it possible to get a printable. I thought i saw it but now i can't find it. Thank you soooooo much! it's absolutely cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie...

      Finally here is a link for the printable!

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      Thank so much for loving it!

      Delete
  16. If you have a printable for the "mint" Thank you, that would be so wonderful. Please advise.. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy...

      I've created a printable here...

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  17. Has anyone found the printable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. printable of tag can now be found here

      http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

      thanks so much!!

      Delete
  18. i finally have a printable for the "mint to teach" tag ... you can find it here-

    http://aplacecalledjoy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teacher-gift-printable-tag.html

    thanks everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to try this out on some great teachers I know!! :)

    ReplyDelete